The voting implemented is a positive Digg style voting mechanism (no minuses "-" or "bury"), which allows all visitors to vote for all their favorite New York Islanders blogs. Every visitor can contribute one vote per blog for as many NYI blogs as they like. The blog that gets the most votes is declared "The best blog".
This system of voting isn’t perfect and it is subjected to some biases, and yet – we’re only doing this for fun and the promotion of the New York Islanders blogosphere. We trust that our fellow bloggers will do what they can to play fair.
Best New York Islander Blog Awards notes
- Blog Awards are great for promoting link-love between the NYI blogs. If you write a blog and you like a certain blog then link to it asking your readers to vote for it. Link-love between the NYI blogs helps promote the whole NYI blogosphere and NYI related content on the web.
- This is the first time Yes! Islanders is running the Best New York Islander Blog Awards. Any suggestions, comments or ideas are very welcome.
- Voting starts on December 1st and end on December 31st. The winner will be announced on January 1st New Years Day. You cannot vote for any blogs before or after these dates.
There are two professinal blogs out there, Greg Logan's "On The Islanders Beat" writing for Newsday, and Chris Botta's "Islanders Point Blank". Because they are paid and also have access to priveleged scoops, they will be counted in a seperate category so there will be two awards, one being "Best Professional NYI Blog" and the other being "Best NYI Blog".
- After further contemplation, there will be only one blog award and the "professional" blogs will be excluded from voting.
- Please help suport the awards so we can get a great turnout and bring more attention to the Islanders and NYI blogging.
- Winners will get a banner displaying their victory for their site!
Sorry I can't afford more than that, maybe next year though. Donations are welcome to give to the winner(s). Contact me if you want to be involved. Also, the New York Islanders have graciously donated two tickets to any non Ranger game this season to the winner of the 2008 NYI Blog Awards.
- You can vote on any of the blogs listed here.
Support is given through the contact form. You can message me with whatever problems you might have and I will do my best to answer them. Any issues may be added to a help thread. If you notice any irregularities with teh voting, please vote first and then refresh the page. This should fix any problems that you have.
To vote, register an account here and then check out the blogs listed here. You can vote up as many blogs as you like. There is a maximum of one vote for each blog, and each user is limited to 1 account. Please respect these rules so the voting is fair. If you have any problems, please contact me. When you see this image you can click on it and record your vote:
Registering a new blog at Yes! Islanders
For those who would like to add their NYI blog to the community for the NYI Blog Awards 2008 - You can add your NYI blog to the community after registering and signing in. Please only add blogs that are your own. If you like a particular blog, please encourage them to sign up so you can vote for them. Blogs can be added at any time even during the voting.
We have the following NYI Blog Awards 2008 badges for you to use in anyway you like. Just copy the code under the image and add it to your site:
<a href="http://www.yesislanders.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.yesislanders.com/images/2008 NYIBA 124x44.jpg"></a>
<a href="http://www.yesislanders.com" target="_blank"><img alt="" src="http://www.yesislanders.com/images/2008 NYIBA horizontal banner.jpg" /></a> <a href="http://www.yesislanders.com" target="_blank"><img alt="" src="http://www.yesislanders.com/images/horizontal NYIBA banner.jpg" /></a>
<a href="http://www.yesislanders.com" target="_blank"><img alt="" src="http://www.yesislanders.com/images/NYIBA 124x244.jpg" /></a>
<a href="http://www.yesislanders.com" target="_blank"><img alt="" src="http://www.yesislanders.com/images/NYIBA-125x125.jpg" /></a>
Bookmark/Search this post with: